Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Show All Answers
Usually, but please contact the Town Office at 306-948-3317 to be sure.
Please click on the following link.
The 2018 Rates are:
Season TicketsAdult (15 + up)$ 110.00Child (6 – 14)$ 90.00Family$ 250.00 Preschool (0 – 5)FreeAquasize$ 90.00Daily AdmissionPreschool (0 – 5) FreeChild (6 – 14)$ 5.00Adult (15 + up)$ 6.00Family$ 20.00Punch Cards (12 Swims)Child (6 – 14) $ 50.00Adult (15 + up)$ 60.00LessonsPreschool$ 40.00Level 1-4$ 50.00Level 5-7$ 65.00Level 8-10 $ 75.00Bronze’s$ 150.00
To be announced
There are different options for wedding venues in Biggar. There are a number of churches you can contact to inquire, or contact the Town Office for the Biggar Community Hall, which accommodates seating for approximately 400 people. For rates please see Town Policies - Biggar Community Hall Rental Rates. For other inquiries please contact the Town office at 306-948-3317.
Some activities do happen at other locations, including the Biggar Aquatic Centre, local parks, and the Museum.
The 2018 Day Camp fees are: $120 / child $175 / Family (maximum of 3 children) $10 / drop-in Fees can be paid via Cash, Cheque, or Debit/Credit. Note: Debit/Credit transactions are only available at the Town Office.
Contact the Recreation Director at the Town Office 306-948-3317 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fees and regulations are set in accordance with our Cemetery Bylaw No. 18-805. Please click on the link for more information.
Beautiful U / New U Fitness 306-948-9104
Biggar Flower and Gift Shop 306-948-2616
Designs By Ann 306-948-3666
The 2016 Federal census results show Biggar's population to be 2,226 people.
The 2011 Federal census results show Biggar's population to be 2,161 people.
There are washrooms in Buckingham Park which is located adjacent to the Fat Cat Splash Park.
No, change room facilities are not available at the Splash Park.
No, pets are not allowed in the Splash Park.
The Fat Cat Splash Park is located on the 400 block of 3rd Avenue East next to Buckingham Park.
The Splash Park cannot be reserved.
For Commercial properties, garbage pick up is on Tuesdays and Fridays. Garbage Pick-up Day Map
Pit Construction / Placement
1. Must be 3 meters (10 feet) from buildings, property lines, or combustible materials and located in an area free of dry grass, brush or combustible soil, such as peat moss.
2. Pit shall not exceed 1 meter (3 feet) in width, height or diameter when measured between widest points.
3. The fire pit or outdoor fire place shall have enclosed sides made from bricks, concrete blocks, and heavy gauge metal or non-combustible material acceptable to the Fire Chief.
4. A spark arrester mesh screen with openings no larger than 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) and constructed of expanded metal must be used to cover the fire pit opening in a manner sufficient to contain and reduce the hazards or airborne sparks.
Conditions for Burning
1. At least one (1) responsible adult shall be in attendance at all times to monitor and control the fire and have available means to extinguish the fire should an emergency situation develop.
2. The fire pit or outdoor fire place shall be used in a manner which does not cause any inconvenience or nuisance to neighbors.
3. Only the following material shall be permitted for burning in a fire pit or outdoor fire place:- Clean wood products with no preservatives- Prefabricated burning logs- Manufactured combustible gases or solid fuel designated for home barbecue use.
Please use caution when using a outdoor fire pit, be aware of all conditions surrounding the area and you will enjoy a summer of fun.
1) Plaza Mobile Home Park & RV Park. Call 306-948-2554 or 306-948-7161.Each site includes electricity, water & sewer. There is a also a shower building.
2) Biggar Regional Park. Contact Jim Besse at 306-948-2127 for information.
Of course, breastfeeding does not require a special place and is appropriate—as the Canadian government’s slogan says—”anytime, anywhere.” The purpose of the symbol is not to segregate breastfeeding, but to help integrate it into society by better accommodating it in public.
The International Breastfeeding Symbol is now used all over the world to demonstrate supportive, safe places for women to breastfeed their children. Businesses, public, and governmental spaces use this symbol to say “Breastfeeding welcome here.”
In Biggar, the logo is being displayed at Biggar Pharmasave, Leslie's Drug Store, and the Parent Mentoring Office (102-6th Avenye East).
The following charges for permits:- 2 or less fixtures = $20- 3 to 10 fixtures = $40- over 10 fixtures = $40 + $5 for every additional fixture- connection to municipal sewage system = $20- inspection of a private sewage system = $30
After using the formal address once, it is then appropriate to use more general terms. In a personal introduction, you would address the mayor as "Mr. Mayor" or "Your Worship," and councillors as "Councillor."
If you have a mortgage on your property, and your mortgage company is responsible to pay property taxes on your behalf, the notification of taxes due is sent to the mortgage company.
The mill rate has two components - the municipal portion and the education portion. The municipal mill rate is established by Town Council once the Town of Biggar budget has been approved for the year. The Province of Saskatchewan establish uniform mill rates for education and then work together to establish a uniform education mill rate for the Town of Biggar. Additional mill rates for special requisitions are approved on a yearly basis.
The mill rate indicates the amount of tax you will pay for every $1,000.00 of assessment placed on your property.
For example - if the mill rate (municipal and school) is 12.5 mills-for every $1,000.00 of assessment you will pay $12.50 of taxes. Therefore, if you have property assessed at $100,000 your tax bill would be $1,250.00.
Assessment X Mill rate / 1000 = Property tax amount
A school support declaration can be provided to the Town of Biggar at any time, but it will not become effective until the following year the declaration was signed.
Readings are done every 2 months: February, April, June, August, October and December.
• If you do not have an existing active water account (i.e., you are not transferring your account), connection fees are as follows: $125 deposit which is transferable or refundable if you move or disconnect your water MUST be paid prior to any services being connected. • You must come into the Town Office and pay by cheque, cash, credit or debit. We will need an address and a box number so we can send you the bills. Hours: Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm (excluding holidays) at 202-3rd Avenue West Biggar, SK S0K 0M0
Minimum bill for residential services is $100.00 for any usage between 0 - 4,000 gallons. If you use more then 4,000 gallons you will be billed an overage charge of $4.50/1,000 gallons of water.
There are a few payment options available:
If you voluntarily choose to disconnect and/or reconnect your water, there is a $25 fee for each action. Please provide notice at least 1 business day before this service is needed.
Note: If your water was shut off by the Town due to an unpaid bill, the reconnection fee is $75 plus the outstanding utility bill amount.
Yes, we require your billing information and the date that you moved into this house. You are also required to pay a $125 deposit.
Please provide notice a few days in advance of moving in to your residence.
During precautionary boil water advisories or boil water orders, you should boil all water used for drinking, preparing food, beverages, ice cubes, washing fruits and vegetables, or brushing teeth. Infant formulas should be prepared using boiled tap water, at all times.
It is not necessary to boil tap water used for other household purposes, such as showering, laundry, or bathing. Adults, teens, and older children can wash, bathe, or shower; however, they should avoid swallowing the water. Toddlers and infants should be sponge-bathed. .
The Town has a potable water fill station near the water tower located at 301 - 8th Avenue West.
The fee for water fill is:
1 token or $1 for 225 gallons
5 tokens or $5 for 1,000 gallons
Tokens may be purchased at the Town Office, or you may use loonies.